Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Clear and Connect, Ask and Allow

I would like to take a step back and describe some fundamental assumptions that I use in my work. I like to keep things simple, and I have developed four words that I use to describe the process that I am using. Those four words are Clear and Connect, Ask and Allow.

Clear - Earlier I have talked about four levels of energy: mental, emotional, physical and spiritual. We are born into this world in a pure state, and as we learn and grow, we experience life and record those experiences in our memories and our bodies.

In many of these experiences, we make decisions - often labeled as "limiting beliefs" - of how the world operates. Many of these decisions are made when we are experiencing intense emotions. How many times have you declared "I'll never do that again!"? It is likely that something happened and you experienced an intense emotional reaction. To avoid that reaction in the future, you made a decision and created a new belief about how the world operates. We also carry the emotional memory in our body.

Often we can easily shift once we become aware of our belief, and in the present moment we proactively make a different choice. Sometimes, we seem to respond to similar situations in the same pattern and can't break out of it. "Because of the human tendency to perpetuate old emotion, almost everyone carries in his or her energy field an accumulation of old emotional pain, which I call 'the pain body'." (Eckert Tolle, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's PurposeChap 5, pg 135).

Eliminating the pattern may require going to the root of the memory and releasing the emotion that is locked there. Feel the emotion 100%, allow yourself to be fully present to it and reduce it "...not through fighting it but through bringing the light of consciousness to it." (E. Tolle, pg 157). This is what I did with the visualization I described earlier. I moved through the emotion to the other side. I let go of the behavior pattern and am now able to make new choices.

Introspection is an important tool to unlock these beliefs. I highly recommend that you engage the services of a professional who can guide you through these processes. I learned how to do this by attending Global Relationship Center workshops and by working with a coach who taught me these tools.

Connect - This simply means connecting to three things: yourself, others, and your greater purpose (which may include connecting to God), and is described as a "heart connection". The more that we are connected to our purpose, our real identity without the constraints of societal and cultural expectations, and connected on a heart level with others, the happier we are. The clearer our mental, emotional and physical bodies are, the easier it is to have access to these experiences. Not impossible, just easier. It means staying present in every moment.

Ask - If we truly know our purpose for being here on earth, we can tap into many wonderful, creative forces in our own life. I personally believe that there are many forces and resources that are available to us beyond what we can see, touch and feel. The more that we clear and connect, the more we can ask and allow.

At this level, we can tap into vast energy sources that are within us and all around us. How many times have you walked into a room and the "room was alive" or "it felt heavy"? You are likely feeling the energy of the people in the room. Other unseen, external sources are also available to us. We call them God, spirit guides, guardian angels, loved ones who have passed away, "Source", Mother Earth - the list is endless. These are all ways that we represent what we feel but cannot know directly.

Presence, meditation and visualization are powerful ways to tap into these sources. Others describe "synchronicity" and "flow". This is known as the Law of Attraction and manifesting. I highly recommend a book called "The Power of Flow: Practical Ways to Transform Your Life with Meaningful Coincidence" by Charlene Belitz and Meg Lundstrom. It describes in depth many of the principles on how to access these resources.

Allow - This step requires faith. We must be 100% responsible for what we ask for. Ideally it is in alignment with our purpose, and keeps us connected to ourselves and others (in other words, does not bring harm). However, we must be ready to accept the answers, and not be attached to the outcome. There is a requirement of faith that what you have received in response to your request is in your highest good.

I have lived in synchronicity and with this assumption of faith all of my life. In truth, I don't know how else to be. Throughout my life, things have not worked out the way that I wanted, and in hindsight I could always see how it worked out for the better. In fact, there were times that I was thankful I didn't get what I wanted! You could say that I color my perception in this, and you could be correct. And, my life is far happier because of this belief. Do I have moments of doubt? Yes.

This is a big, deep conversation that has many roots, branches and leaves. Heck, it is an entire forest, really. Some of what I have been describing in my blog to date is the "clearing" process, and I want to describe the other three steps in a more transparent way. Stay tuned, and I would love to hear your thoughts on what I have written here.

With much love and gratitude, Mj


0 comments:

Followers

Bookmark and Share
Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP