Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Craving the Silence

This week has been a wonderful week for me. Once again, I feel like I am turning a corner and I don't really know where this journey is taking me. I trust this process and am delighted to let it unfold naturally.


Monday I had a great time with my friend Allison at lunch. We used to work together many years ago and were able to reconnect on a heart level again. I was very present to being with her and enjoying every moment. I look forward to getting together again! Later that day, I went to Kathy and Anthony's house to help them set up their network. Once again, I was totally present and loved being in service.

Yesterday morning, I was drinking a cup of tea and the gratitude I felt for the day before really started to sink in. I started to look at my Starbuck's cup, which is cobalt blue and thinking how much I love this color blue. I was grateful for the plants that supplies the tea leaves for my enjoyment, for the tea companies who brought it to market. I was in gratitude to the companies that made the stove range and the teapot, and to the gas and water company. It went on for about an hour. It felt peaceful and expansive. I stopped to watch the inauguration, and was feeling the power of those historical moments like the rest of the country.

Every morning I dutifully write my morning pages and at the end of the writing I ask for my to do list for the day. Yesterday, I had only one item - finish reading "Messages from the Masters: Tapping Into the Power of Love" by Brian Weiss, MD. My friend Gail bought this book for me over the summer. I wanted to read it but I kept holding myself back. I didn't feel that I "deserved" to read this because I was not in alignment with the message. I did not feel that I was living the words that I was reading. It was probably my ego playing "keep away". :-)

Yesterday, I was in alignment. I finished reading the book and was so inspired by his words. He is a psychiatrist that has been doing past life regressions with people for 20 years. In the midst of these hypnosis sessions and in his own meditations, other "messages" would come through to him. These messages are consistent with the core message of every spiritual tradition: love is an energy that lives forever and is all that matters.

Today, I am feeling very open and expansive. It occurred to me that I have been craving silence for the past two days. It is as if the deep stillness is needed to hold the immense expansiveness that I feel. Sometimes sound can be noisy and intrusive. Right now, I am in complete silence. The sounds that I do hear - my fingers tapping on the keyboard, the faint scratching of the fountain pen on the paper, the tea kettle softly whistling - they hold a beauty all it's own. Slowing my life down has helped me pause to soak in the beauty that is all around me.

And for that, I am deeply grateful. Have a beautiful day today.

With much love and gratitude, Mj

3 comments:

amc January 24, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

Thank you for introducing me to the idea of approaching the door to go through to begin my own journey. I notice I'm taking VERY small baby steps and am at the pre-beginning of my beginning :) but I enjoy reading about your journey & am starting to look forward to starting my own...talk soon...xoxo

Shoozles January 26, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

beautiful writings- I happen to be addicted to silence maybe because it is hard to come by in a house of 3 13 yr olds and all their friends but most of all I think it is where I find myself and I can grab hold of my creative side.

Mojo January 30, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

amc - Enjoy your journey! It is not the size of the steps but rather your eagerness and openness of your heart and your mind that are important. Stay in touch Love, Mj

Followers

Bookmark and Share
Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP