Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Love My Sisters

Earlier, in my post "If I Get Squeezed, What Comes Out?" I talked about a relationship with a friend. Actually, it is my sister. I talked to her today and asked permission to identify her and updated the post.


We have had several conversations over the last few weeks, and today we had a wonderful conversation. We shared a lot about what is going on in our lives, and we were definitely "heart connected". We talked for almost 2 hours and it was 2 hours that I enjoyed every minute.

So you might ask, how did we turn this around? Several things contributed to this:
  • I changed. It was not for her to change.
  • We love each other, and had to rediscover that for our selves.
  • We were both listening.
  • We both stayed centered in our hearts in each moment.
  • I was seeing her in the present moment, not based upon our past together.
We like to think that relationships are built over time, and we need a history to fall back on to sustain it. Well, yes and no. We have a long relationship. What we both learned in this conversation is that relationships are about staying present in each moment.

Did I alone create this change? No. We both did, and I don't want to give the impression that it was "all me". First, I had to own up to my shady behavior. The rest unfolded naturally, and I want it to continue. I love being connnected to her, and very glad that she is in my life again. I appreciate the second chance, and won't take it for granted again.

I have 2 sisters that I love. I always have, but I needed to give up the mischief. Thank you Nancy, for giving me a second chance.

All the best! With much love and gratitude, Mj

0 comments:

Followers

Bookmark and Share
Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP