Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Am Not Alone - Woo Hoo!

I recently was writing in an email to a friend that I am cherishing this time. My life feels like the Claritan commercial, where the veil of fog is peeled away and I am able to see the richness of color and beauty in the world. As I let go of emotions that I have been holding on to, I am feeling lighter, clearer and more connected.

My current experience is similar to Jill Bolte Taylor's experience described in the book "My Stroke of Insight". Two things that struck me about her book:

  • During her stroke, the "ego chatter" from the left side of her brain was immediately silenced, and she was filled with a feeling of peace and oneness with the world as well as experiencing a richness of life that she described as "nirvana"
  • During her recovery, she was vigilent about not letting the ego chatter rule her life again, was very purposeful about how she managed her energy, and how the energy of others (especially "energy vampires") impacted her

Thank goodness I don't need a medical intervention to help me create this! For that I am very grateful.

My husband had picked up a book for me a few weeks ago, titled "A Weekend to Change Your Life: Find Your Authentic Self After A Lifetime of Being All Things to All People" by Joan Anderson. She also has a NY Times best selling book titled "A Year By the Sea", where she took something akin to a one year sabbatical. Even in the first few pages, I can already see that I am not alone. There are many other people - women in particular - who are also experiencing what I am experiencing.

Do you remember the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" (okay, I am old) where everyone had a vision of something in their head, they were trying to express it to others, and subsequently were all searching for that thing? Yeah, I am feeling like that. I am not alone.

This "clearing" I believe is the first step of a wonderful journey. I promise to share what I learn from this book and how I am applying the wisdom. Stay tuned!

All the best! Love, Mj


0 comments:

Followers

Bookmark and Share
Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP