Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Passion With a Particular Lens

The intent of this sabbatical is to more deeply explore my passion and desire. I have a creative side, and one of my passions is photography. I had been putting off buying a new camera for some time and was finding it hard to justify why I "need" it.

I was in Circuit City looking for a backup battery for my other camera and I walked by the Nikon SLRs. I thought about all the reasons why I shouldn't buy it and I stopped. I remembered the times that I was on vacation and totally absorbed with taking photos. I could see the world differently - I was paying a lot more attention to light, depth, color. I imagined printing the photo and adding it to our gallery. I thought about Francesco and what a wonderful photographer he is. He is a master at seeing the moment and I admire his beautiful talent.

Yes, I bought it. I have it with me here in Hawaii and have thoroughly enjoyed taking photos of the beautiful islands here. I keep imagining how it will be a vehicle for expression, and I love that idea!

All the best! Love, Mj

0 comments:

Followers

Bookmark and Share
Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP