Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm Amazed

I am on a flight tonight and watching the takeoff. I have flown over a million miles and am still amazed that an object that weighs over a ton carrying over 200 people can lift off the ground. I know there are things like thrust and lift involved, blah blah blah. Those are just words to me. We go fast and we go up. Amazing!

I am sitting in a window seat and I was watching the plane move through the air. I remembered years ago when I used to take equestrian lessons. I often road a horse named D Jay and we had a special chemistry. Sometimes we would become one during our rides together. My legs ceased to exist, and his legs became my legs. I could feel his joy in the bob of his head, his every move as he pranced in the soft earth.

I decided to try an experiment. I am sitting over the wings. I planted my feet on the floor and stretched to feel the wings. I could feel their immense expanse as we lifted from the ground and softly banked to the right. I could feel the captain imperceptively lean to the right as he nudged the controls, gently steering our path.

As we tilted to the right, I could see a blanket of stars above. I wondered if the pilots were grateful for this display on these evening flights. A few weeks ago, I was flying at sundown. For over 30 minutes, I could not help but stare at the grand scene before me. The dark of night slowly crept in as the sun relinquished its hold on the day by painting the sky with shades of yellow, orange, red and soft violet.

Nature puts on a great show, eh?

With much love and gratitude for this glorious day, Mj


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Followers

Bookmark and Share
Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP