Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dealing with Nonlocality

In my previous post "From a Distance", I talked about the concept of nonlocality - being connected to someone over a distance. I got this question from a friend and want to devote a blog entry to it. I have pulled in her comments and responded throughout.

"Hey MJ,

How do you handle the emotional aspect of nonlocality? I think experiencing that sense of knowing makes me feel closer to the person. But, if the person is not having the same experience with me (or not as aware of it) they don't have the same sense of connection. I have experienced this imbalance in friendships and with Lovers. Like I am in a zone that does not exist for them."

Usually I did not share with them what was going on, although in a three cases I thought the person was open to my connection with them (they were). Mostly, I dealt with it on my own. Along the way, I figured out that I was there to serve them during a time of their life, to help them resolve some issue. I also felt very connected to them overall, and there were times I could feel them in moments when they were feeling intense emotions (frustration, upset, anger, distress, fear, happiness and joy). It was a constant roller coaster ride that would last several months.

"For example, a few years ago a friend of mine was on the brink of divorce. We lived in different cities (about 600 miles apart) and she hadn't told me she was having problems. But, I had a dream which stayed with me when i woke up one morning. That is usually a signal that the dream has real meaning. I called to ask if everything was ok and she said yes. But it still didn't seem right. About 2 months later she told me they were splitting and that when I called she just wasn't ready to tell anyone. Apparently, they had had a big fight the day before and that was the first time the idea of divorce came up. It freaked her out that I knew something was wrong."

Over time, I figured out that they didn't necessarily need to know, and what they really needed was my love. Many times, the people who I supported like this came into my life for a few months and then were gone. It is said that people come into your life for a reason, a season, or forever. For them, that was "the reason". I was called to serve, and I did.

Sometimes, they would appear as two people to me - I would get an impression of another presence, of that person at another time in their life where they were "stuck" there. It was in these cases, I became very clear about my task - to help them "resolve", to heal their wound and help them let go. It sounds like you have worked out for yourself how you get tuned in and what you trust.

"On my end, I knew she was witholding and it was hard to experience. It's like the connection gets disrupted. For those 2 months I was hurt whenever I thought of her.
"

It shows how much you are a caring person, and especially for her. You are a person who pours your love into your words and your life! It just so happened that she did not have enough strength to say what was going on, but you were strong enough to support her. Congratulations!

I finally learned that it wasn't about my emotions, it was about theirs. I learned to not go on the roller coaster ride with them. I would center myself and then energetically send love and comfort to them to help support them. When I did learn this, it became a wonderful experience for me to be able to serve in this way, and now I joyfully accept the task.

"Do you ever have that kind of reaction? ... I'm interested in your thoughts.
Gayle"

Thank you Gayle, for sharing your experience and questions, and let me know if this was clear. I love that you do have this ability, and it really does show how much you are "big love". I will support you in any way that I can - it's important work!

With much love and gratitude to you, my friend ~~ Mj XOXO

1 comments:

gbchange February 28, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Thanks, your post is very helpful! I have slowly been working my way to that sort of objective compassion. It's not a muscle that I have naturally flexed.

Gayle

Followers

Bookmark and Share
Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP