Sunday, February 8, 2009

Family Matters In the Moment

This past week I have been delving into brain wave research and reading "A New Earth" by Eckert Tolle and "Walking Between the Worlds" by Gregg Braden. More on this later, there is quite a lot of fascinating content that is relevant to my sabbatical. As I integrate more, I will share. Really cool stuff.

What I did want to blog about is that we have a family situation going on right now. In families, we have often have expectations that we are involved with each other, we are heart connected and that we share a long history. We have a situation right now that in some ways has a long history.

While I was on the phone with my siblings yesterday, I used a device called emWave from Heartmath. This device measures how well I can stay heart centered. Why is this important? I want to be loving and supportive. I want to stay centered and heart connected, but unattached from drama. I want to be able to think and feel clearly to help develop long lasting solutions. It feels like a fine line to walk for me right now. Years ago, drama meant love.

A lot of this sabbatical is my learning is to stay present in the moment. Because we have a long history together, I realized how much we were bringing the past into the present moment. There is a difference from remembering the past and acting out the present moment as if it were the past - in other words, "playing old tapes". Remembering the past can provide information (some useful, some not), whereas playing old tapes will bring the old emotion into the moment, too.

Was I successful? Not 100%, but certainly much better than I have done this in the past. It is so dang tempting to slip into old behaviors. :-) I was much more likely to recognize what I was doing or about to do, and shift in the moment. I also noticed that my siblings were shifting, too.

Are the answers any clearer? No, there are still difficult choices ahead. What is different is that I can see that all of us - myself and my siblings - are becoming more centered in the present moment. We would have zero chance of truly creating change if we continued to live from the past. Each of us is ready for change in our own way. By staying present with each other, we take advantage of opportunities to deepen our bonds with each other, and we are. It is in this way that family expectations become wonderful blessings.

Family does matter - in the moment.

With much love and gratitude to all my family for traveling this journey together, XOXO

1 comments:

pollicino February 8, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

Hallo Marijo,i have added you on my blog.Un saluto dall'Italia,ciao Eugenio

Followers

Bookmark and Share
Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP