Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Moment to Pause and Be

I was talking to my friend Nancy on the way home from an appointment, and we were talking about spirituality - what it is, what does it mean, what are we already doing. It was a great conversation and a lot of fun. I have learned over the years that we have four domains that we work in: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.

She mentioned that she is reading The Power of Full Engagement and reviewing it with a friend. They invited me into the conversation and it is a wonderful dialogue! It specifically covers the four domains that I mentioned. Awesome!

Early in the book it mentions that everything starts with a purpose. It has been my experience that for many people, this is where we often get stumped. Do I have one? Is it "good enough"?

Over the last three years, I have done a lot of work with an organization called Global Relationship Centers. They have truly served as a bridge to helping me make so many wonderful and positive changes in my life.

On their website - http://www.grc333.com/ - there is a link on the right side of the page to a commitment chart. I use this chart often and in many ways. First, I realized how much I was living "below the line" (the red line on the chart). It took me a long time to not only see what I was doing, but also to see it with self acceptance. This enabled me to freely make a choice of working from "below the line" to "above the line". There is no pretending here - I can't "fake" that I am holding a higher intention.

Second, my purpose also resides on the commitment chart - both my life's purpose and my commitment and intention in the moment. Over time, I have been strengthening my commitment to my husband, my family, and my community by living more from my heart. It does not matter "how high" we are working on the chart (oh, competitive ones....) Every level creates positive impact.

About 12 years ago I read the Conversations with God series by Neale Donald Walsh, and it changed my life forever. At that time, I was given 12 words to live by:

Purpose, Service, Gratitude

Pure in heart
Genuine in deed
Holy in spirit

I do know that the more I live by these 12 words, the happier my life has been. These 12 words apply to all levels above the line on the commitent chart. This blog is fulfilling my purpose and helping me to live these 12 words. And in this moment as I "pause and be", this is quite fulfilling.

Ahhhhhh........

All the best! Love, Mj

0 comments:

Followers

Bookmark and Share
Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP