Monday, December 8, 2008

A Little Playing, A Little Solitude....

I had an awesome weekend with family. After dropping off hubby and mom at the airport, I drove to PA to spend the weekend.

Joe, Matthew and I spent the afternoon laughing and playing the card game "War". Saturday evening was the nativity school play and K of C spaghetti dinner (which was surprisingly delicious). Sunday was putting up decorations and watching football games.

Then, Matthew and I spent an evening together that I will cherish. We were both looking forward to our "alone" time on Sunday, when his parents celebrated their wedding anniversary. Matthew and I had dinner, he royally kicked my "boo-tay" in Wii (some Raving Raccuous Rabbid game) and we cuddled on the couch and watched Home Makeover together. Lots of laughter and memories that make me smile every time I think about them.

Now, I have an opportunity to take a break for the next few days, and spend three days alone. Really alone. No phone, no email, no Twitter or Facebook updates, no radio or TV. Just me and my journal and the silence of my own thoughts and feelings. I have been very excited at the prospect of being quiet. And, my ego has been saying, "come on, start doing something". Well, being quiet is doing something.

I have mentioned to some that I will be doing this, and the response has been mixed. Some think it is a cool idea (and a bit envious), and others are freaked out at the thought of being *really* alone for three days. The world is full of diversity, isn't it wonderful? What if everyone wanted to be alone?

I am setting my intention for these three days, and will report in on Friday on what I learned and discovered!

In the meantime, troll this website for a wonderful lift http://www.barbaramcafee.com/, especially "Navajo Chant": “When you were born, you cried and world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.

Rejoice! Lots of love, Mj
.

0 comments:

Followers

Bookmark and Share
Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP