Monday, May 4, 2009

The Spirit of Giving - Annie and Amanda

I want to share the amazing story of Annie and Amanda. I met them yesterday when I was taking the train from NJ to NYC for another energy session with Joy Adler (and, by the way, another powerful session). I spotted Annie's bag and asked her if she was a volunteer with hospice. We struck up a delightful conversation for the next hour, all the way into Penn Station.

Annie is "only" level 1 Reiki and my impression is that there is nothing "only" about this woman. She loves to travel and it has been her goal to reconnect with all of her family members wherever they are - including a trip to Brazil several years ago with Amanda in tow. They both lit up when talking about that trip, the heart connections they made, and the joy they felt in meeting their distant relatives who are not nearly as distant now.

Annie has also been a hospice volunteer in her area for several years, offering Reiki to hospice patients. She taps into the power of prayer and Reiki to lovingly assist people in their transition. I was struck by her love and inspired by her giving spirit. She is vibrant, outgoing and full of wonderful energy and spirit.

Amanda is definitely "cut from the same cloth", with her grandmother's spirit of adventure and gift of love. Several years ago she wanted to volunteer. She searched the web, found an organization in New Zealand that sent her to an African community of 40,000 people who were outcasts and under the protection from the UN. She spent a month teaching them how to use computers. She said "I learned more in one month than I did in a year in college". It was evident from our conversation how big both experiences were for her - the trip to Brazil and her work in Africa. I hope that she follows her passion and dreams, and I suspect that her education awaits her out in the world.

We exchanged contact information and will stay in touch. I hope to see Annie at the hospice convention in July. Their love for each other was so evident. They both helped me connect with my own heart energy, and for that I am deeply appreciative.

Later that evening, I described our conversation to my husband and how we met.

He: "How do you do this?"
Me: "What?"
He: "Meet people like this - you're telling me that you met a woman who does Reiki - at a hospice - just like you - on the train?"
Me: "Honey, this is my life."

I believe in the the power of love.
I believe in synchronicity.
I believe in the power of energy.
Everything can change - in an instant.
If only we allow.

With much love and gratitude, Mj XOXO

1 comments:

gbchange May 30, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

I'm going to place those words prominently in my mind and in the world around me. They are beautifully expressed and true. Thanks Marijo!

Followers

Bookmark and Share
Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP