Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Experience with Healing Science

This past weekend, I attended the Barbara Brennan Fundamentals workshop. As I mentioned before, I have had a pretty intense month and April will definitely be an "extreme self care" period, as my coach likes to say. I will be busy integrating many experiences and putting into practice many things that I learned this past five weeks. Whew!

First of all, I would like to honor Joy Adler, the workshop facilitator. I was inspired by her love and dedication for this group. She was always positive and supportive in helping us risk, stretch and grow. She never had a single criticism, her comments were always focused on what we were doing well. I suspect that it can be very vulnerable to be in the presence of someone who can read energy and know the truth of our feelings. I never felt vulnerable throughout the entire weekend. Thank you Joy!

We covered a lot of material that is presented in Barbara Brennan's book "Hands of Light" and received hands on practice with tools and methods that we can use with our clients. About 3/4 of the class participants are massage therapists. I love the thought that they will be able to apply what we learned and deepen their effectiveness for their clients. My sister Nancy is a phenomenal massage therapist and through her own intuition and experience she has developed her own High Sense Perception. I have heard stories and personally experienced the difference when she is using energy in combination with the massage. It makes a huge difference.

One of the most important things that we learned this weekend was how to ground ourselves and draw energy up through our core. So many times people who work with energy become burned out. We are not batteries, we are channels. Learning to tap into an infinite energy source is critical for all of us, and especially people in the "helping" professions like therapists, medical personnel, coaches, etc.. I know that over the years I did not know how to ground myself and I did not know how to protect myself from other people's energy. I was like a sponge that absorbed a lot from others.

I have had a two times in my life where I had emotional breakdowns. During this weekend, I was feeling overwhelmed with emotion, I shut down and I couldn't stop crying. It felt like my previous experiences all over again. During the two periods when I had my "emotional breakdowns", I would set a goal to not cry for 24 hours and failed daily for months. It was incredibly embarrassing for me to cry and lose control, especially "moi" who had my emotions under such a tight lid. I spent the last 3 years allowing myself to get in touch with my emotions, and here I was, in the same rabbit hole again.

As I mentioned in earlier posts, I am in the Individualist / Pluralist stage of Adult Development and it is common to look back on our lives and recast our own story as well as let go of a lot of our history.

According to Joy, I "blew out" my solar plexus chakra. I was fortunate to be with a person who knew exactly what was going on and was able to heal my chakra. I suddenly understood those two intense periods with a whole new light. In fact, my past experiences helped me see the power of being able to help others in hours or days rather than months or perhaps years. It certainly opened up another world for me in terms of learning about energy and the science of healing.

During the Sunday meditation, I had an experience where my guide put his/her hands into mine. Have you seen the "Incredible Hulk" hands at Halloween time, where the hands are huge? That is what my hands felt like - they were about 3x the size of my own. We did a healing after the meditation and not only did I have "Hulk Hands", but my lower body was vibrating the whole time which was interesting. I definitely have something going on with my hands between my experience last week and this one. LOL!

As with all big decisions, I wait 30 days to check in and see what I am feeling about this work. There is an opportunity to study this in a four year program and this is a big commitment. As with the previous five months of this sabbatical, I don't know where this is headed but I do trust that I am on a path and on purpose. In the meantime, I will be talking this week with the owner of the local massage spa to start offering Reiki to her clients and set up times with friends to refine my skills.

With much love and gratitude for everything until now and the sweetness of what is yet to be...

Mj xoxo

0 comments:

Followers

Bookmark and Share
Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP