Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Final Posting


It is here - this is the last day of my sabbatical! I deeply appreciate the opportunity to take in this year of reflection and growth. I have traveled many paths, and through it all I was committed to following my intuition. I promised to keep this blog through my sabbatical, and I am proud to say that I kept that commitment.

So the natural question is: What has changed? And more importantly, what's next?

  • I certainly feel much more grounded and present in each and every moment. Now I read "A New Earth" and other similar works with much more insight and experience. I have also gotten a better sense of my ego, and as always this is a work in progress. I am working more from desire and less from proving myself. I am much more aware of my emotions and thinking, and how I feel in my body.
  • I have improved many relationships, especially with my loving husband! I feel more in love with him than the day we married, and we both look forward to even more. Yay!
  • I learned to play! I spent many hours swimming and floating in the ocean and riding my bike for hours. I felt free in my body for the first time in years.
  • I have definitely done some inner healing work, with the support of others as well as a fair amount of self healing. I no longer feel like "swiss cheese" in my body, my energy and my emotions. My friend Pat Chapman did a lot of healing work with me especially in the first six months, using King Solomon healing techniques that have been handed down over the last 3000 years. She is a powerful healer and a very good friend, and has been very supportive in my journey. Thank you Pat! I also had some sessions with Joy Adler, another powerful healer that held a special place for my healing. Thanks Joy!
  • I also had many in depth conversations with close friends - especially Gail, Chris, Pam, Jennifer, Brian, Leigh, Bobbi, Sue, and Kathy - and was contacted by many more that reached out to me with emails, phone calls, on the blog and through Facebook. Your love, support and encouragement sustained me and encouraged me to keep writing and sharing, to practice vulnerability in a way that honored me and others.
  • I have committed myself to a healer's path for at least the next four years. As I was following my intuition, I started picking up books on energy and healing. I became a certified Quantum Touch practitioner, I received my Reiki Level II atunement, and I became an adept initiate in the Modern Mystery School (Pat initiated me). I have been volunteering at the local hospice organization and running energy with terminal patients. I have also been teaching "energy workshops" in my home for several months. I started the Barbara Brennan Healing Science program last week and already this is opening up the next level of growth for me. I am excited and energized with what continued expansion will bring into my life as well as deepen my ability to support others on their journey.
  • I have also been integrating the healing work with my coaching practice. As I deepen my skills, I am discovering that other coaches are honing their intuition and insight with their clients. Healing work teaches me to focus my consciousness, hone my intention, tune into myself and the other person, and manage my energy in a very precise way to open the field for change to occur on many levels. Coaching is very similar, and uses conversation as the primary tool for shifting awareness along with awareness, intuition and intention. Being a healer will help me be a better coach. Being a coach helps me be a better healer.
  • Prior to the sabbatical, I had taken several Global Relationship Center workshops, learning tools of self awareness and inner development. They taught me many tools that I used to deepen my development throughout my sabbatical. And, by following my intuition, many books crossed my path about energy, consciousness, quantum physics, spirituality, intuition, intention, purpose, and guidance. As it turns out, I will be learning about these topics in depth in the Barbara Brennan program. The last four years have been full of synchronicity!
  • There were many other topic areas that I explored - adult development theory, shamanism, traditional spiritual disciplines, hypnotherapy and more. I "gave" myself permission to go anywhere my intention directed me. I traveled far and wide, and out of this exploration I could see a pattern very clearly emerging. There is a knowledge, a truth that is at the heart of all of these things. We are One. Love, Joy and Appreciation are the most powerful emotions we can experience, and all emotions are wonderful barometers for our awareness. We are happiest when we listen to the inner longing and stay present to our purpose in each thought, word and deed. This is the source of our power of creation. We are not alone - we have help available and it is up to us to use our free will to invite guidance in. To do this, we need to clear and connect, ask and allow.
So the question is - what is next? During this sabbatical, I asked that question every day and I intend to continue asking that question. I will keep listening to that deep inner longing and following this path. I do want to start coaching more clients and will focus my intention there.

We can support others, but ultimately we have to do our own "inner work". Originally, I opened my experience during my sabbatical because I wanted to encourage others to do their own inner work. I simply wanted to show others what that could look like. I hope you have enjoyed the ride! Thank you for following me over the last 12 months.

With much love and gratitude, Mj XOXO

PS - I will keep blogging from time to time, at www.heart-warrior.blogspot.com.

7 comments:

gbchange October 18, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

Congratulations! Your energy was well spent this past year. I am sure you will enjoy the year to come just as much!

Thanks for providing Loving thought and insight. There were several key times when they made a real difference for me.

Gayle

Mojo October 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

Thank you Gayle! We have gotten to know each other through our blogs, and it has been a wonderful discovery and unfolding. I deeply appreciate your willingness to be open and vulnerable, which has helped me develop the courage to be the same.

To our next adventure!

Love you, Mj

Jennifer Monahan October 20, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

Congratulations Marijo! What a great gift this past year has been to not only yourself but everyone whose life you touch. Can't wait to see/hear what's next for you.

Love,

Jennifer

Scott Lochridge,  November 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Marijo, It has been fun, uplifting and inspiring to watch and participate in your journey and transformation. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Love,
Scott

Mojo November 17, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Thank you Jennifer and Scott - you have encouraged me so much during this last year with your phone calls and emails, and sharing your journey with me as well. "See" you on my next blog - www.heart-warrior.blogspot.com.

Love, Mj XOXO

Anonymous,  March 26, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

I have a question and I deem it very relevant. What is the point of taking a sabbatical if you are just going to spend several hours in your day writing about in a blog? Doesn't that defeat the whole point? Isn't it sort like work even if you are enjoying the writing. Why not wait until the year is over to dissect what it is to be free from obligation for a year. Either way I think you idea is a great one and best of luck.

Mojo March 26, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

Thank you to the person who commented anonymously -

Interesting point and well taken. Part of my journey during that time was to stop hiding and risk feeling vulnerable. Creating this blog was a way that I could express myself while I was in the midst of it and step out of my comfort zone. And, by the way, I really enjoyed the writing.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate your comments! Love, Mj

Followers

Bookmark and Share
Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP